List of Authorised Weighbridges within Co. Kerry
Licensing Authority – Kerry County Council
All weighing for Kerry Motor Taxation purposes must be carried out at a weighbridge approved and appointed by Kerry Motor Tax:
- Ballyvirrane Waste Transfer Station, Ballyvirrane, Milltown.
- Coolcaslagh Waste Transfer Station, Coolcaslagh, Killarney
- Caherciveen Waste Transfer Station, Inchmactaige, Caherciveen
- Kenmare Waste Transfer Station, Claddanure, Kenmare
- Kellihers Agri Feeds, Ballymullen, Tralee.
- JJ Walsh Scrap Metal ltd, Lixnaw, Tralee, Co. Kerry
Commercial (Goods) Vehicles must submit a valid weight docket from an authorised weighbridge issued within the past 3 working days when required as part of a motor tax application.
A valid weight docket is required:-
– If the unladen weight of the vehicle is greater than or equal to 1524 kgs OR
– If there is no weight for the vehicle recorded on the Motor Tax National Vehicle Driver System(NVDF) OR
– A change in the weight of the vehicle since first registration of the vehicle.
– Any queries in relation to the requirement for a weight docket can be made to your local Motor Tax Office.
– Any fee for weighing is payable to the weighbridge operator by the registered owner of the vehicle.