Housing Assistance Payment (HAP)

What is the Housing Assistance Payment?
Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) is a new social housing support. HAP will replace Rent Supplement for those with a long term housing need and will commence in Kerry from December 1st 2016.
Am I eligible to apply?
Persons applying for HAP must be a qualified housing applicant(s) before they can apply. Click here for information on applying for council housing.
How does it work?
If you are eligible as an approved housing applicant, you must find your own private rented accommodation (within specific rent caps). The Local Authority will pay the landlord directly and the tenant will pay a rent to the local authority based on the differential rent scheme. The rent will be based on your weekly household income and works in a similar way to the differential rents charged for local authority houses.
See the attached Tenant & Landlord documents below for more detailed information.
HAP Kerry Contacts
+353 66 7183810
+353 66 7183855
HAP Shared Services Centre
Landlord Payment Queries ONLY
Please contact +353 61-556650
Tenant Rent Arrears Queries ONLY
Please contact +353 61-556651
This service is provided by Housing Dept, Kerry County Council located at Rathass, Tralee, Co Kerry
Email: housing@kerrycoco.ie
Phone: +353 667183500
Kerry County Council, Rathass, Tralee, Co Kerry. V92 H7VT

Contact Us
Housing Dept,
Rathass, Tralee,
Co. Kerry
Housing Phone Extensions
Email: housing@kerrycoco.ie