What is the Local Enterprise Office (LEO)
The Local Enterprise Office provides a “one stop shop” for anyone looking to set up or grow a business. The office provides advice, information and financial support for the microbusiness sector while building and fostering an entrepreneurial culture across the county. The office is interested in new indigenous business start-ups and business expansion through a range of financial grant initiatives, access to loan finance, encouraging digital marketing and general training supports. The office has invested over €1.5 m in new and growing businesses over the past 2 years.
The role of the office is;
- To drive the development of local enterprise, putting local micro and small business at the heart of job creation in Co. Kerry.
- To provide financial assistance to qualifying businesses through grant support and access to external funding resources for local businesses.
- To drive and support business start-ups and promote a ‘can-do’ business culture
- To increase the job potential of new and existing micro and small businesses
- To increase the number of innovative businesses with potential to export
- To be proactive in response to the needs of our clients.
The Local Enterprise Office Works closely with different sections within the County Council. This is to ensure a co-ordinated response to business needs. We can assist with meetings with Planners, Finance, Fire Services and Environmental Services to progress business projects.
Contact Tomás Hayes at (066) 7183500 Extension 3221.
Tomás is the Head of Local Enterprise in Kerry County Council and oversees the operation of the Local Enterprise Office. He holds a primary B. Agr Sc. (For.) from U.C.D. and an M.B.A. (University of Limerick). He has a broad experience in the private, public and overseas development sectors.
Dein teagmháil linn
Aonad Forbartha Eacnamaíochta,
Comhairle Contae Chiarraí ,
Áras an Chontae,
Ráth Teas, Trá Lí,